Monday, November 11, 2013

Fellows, Friends, Family...Bonfires!

I would love to start just by giving a HUGE thanks to every person who supports the Greensboro Fellows in any way. I know being here would not be possible without your help and for that I am forever grateful.

When asked to write this blog I was told to include an experience that I have had in the Fellows Program this year. This question is overwhelming because in the past 8 weeks (& it feels like SO much longer) we have experienced and done so many thing together. Between concerts, morning discipleship, family dinners, training runs, and class I can say without a doubt that I have made ten lifetime friends! There has never been a time in my life where I have experienced such close knit community and intentional community.  So I decided to tell y’all about one way the Fellows have built this community…

Bonfires! Bonfires have always had a special place in my heart. I grew up going to summer camp and have countless memories sitting around a fire roasting s’mores and having such great conversation. Bonfires have become one of the Fellows favorite things to do together. We had a fire for Tripp’s Birthday, another for Molly’s and plenty more for no other reason just to hang out and be together. Sitting around the fire we have laughed hard, had awesome talks and most importantly built an unbreakable bond and community. There is something about sitting around those warm flames with great friends that can’t be explained. It’s my happy place. Its where I most visibly understand what community as God intended it to be is like. 


God is teaching me so much through the Greensboro Fellows – one way being that we are made to do life together. I am learning what it looks like to fully trust a group of people. Being ‘fully known, yet fully loved’ has always been a difficult concept for me but walls have started to crumble down and it’s such a great feeling! I am so excited to continue this year with the Greensboro Fellows. Thanks again to all our supporters!



Thank you, Emma (bottom row), for your words!


No comments:

Post a Comment