Wednesday, November 5, 2014

What We Learned In Chicago

"I learned the importance of stepping back every now and then to evaluate your dreams and goals, and if your life reflects those goals. It think it was a call to action for us - we've been soaking in so much learning and discipleship, and now it's time to put it into practice and move forward with who we want to become and how we want our lives to look" - Hannah Boning


Last week, the Fellows went to Chicago, IL to participate in the Storyline Conference. They heard from people like Donald Miller, Shauna Niequist, Bob Goff and others. The theme was learning how God fits into the storyline of our lives, and learning to invite Him to be a part of all of it.


"I just remember this one quote sticking out to me: 'In the greatest stories of all time, the main character knows what he/she wants. What do you want?'" - Graham Monroe


"Shauna Niequest's sentence that she kept repeating throughout the conference was 'Do your thing with great love right now'. Ever since the conference that's been on my heart and trying to figure out what my thing is, how I can do it with great love, and how I can do it right now, right here, where I'm at and with what I've been given." - Sarah Moubray


"I learned that pain and suffering can be the fuel and power in how we live and express ourselves in the future. God redeems and uses these pains." - Kyle Gassaway


"I learned that open vulnerability is a way to connect and build fruitful community." - Stacey Greene


"I learned how to love - love bigger, love courageously, and love enthusiastically." - Sean Geldner


No comments:

Post a Comment