Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Living Together

written by Sarah Moubray

Over the last three and a half months that we have been in the Fellows program, we have met a countless number of people. From our church family at Redeemer, to our coworkers at our jobs, to the people we meet volunteering, to our business speakers each week, to our friends at soccer Sundays, the list could go on and on. But in the midst of all of the people that require me to still think really hard about names and faces, there are three people that I see everyday who require absolutely nothing of me but to just be myself. This year I get the incredible opportunity to live with Chris and Jessie Meriwether and Andrea Cuevas. Living with them has been one of the highlights of my entire year so far. When I’m upset or frustrated, they listen. When I’m hyper and weird, they play with me. When I’m being lazy and all I want to do on Sundays after church is eat and watch Netflix, they do that with me too.


Two of my favorite times with them this year both happened last week. On Tuesday, Jessie and Chris found out that they are expecting a little baby BOY! Andrea and I then screamed for about an hour and brainstormed all the cute little things we could get for a baby boy. We got to celebrate Little M and his soon-to-be parents that night and feeling like I’m going to have a little brother soon is something I’ll never forget (#onlychildproblems). The very next day, we had our weekly family dinner together and then set out to decorate our home for Christmas. We found the perfect chubby Christmas tree and spent the evening adding all of our ornaments to it and telling the story behind each ornament we chose to add to the tree. It was a wonderful family tradition that I’m so thankful to be a part of. These people have truly made Greensboro feel like home. The Lord knew I needed to live with people who are only a few years older than me. He knew I needed to live with people who had already been Fellows and experienced some of these same things that I’m experiencing. Christ knew that I needed to live with people who were going to walk beside me this year in all of the peaks and all of the valleys, laughing, fighting, and being weird with me the whole time. I couldn’t be more thankful for the people God hand picked for me to live with this year. Chris, Jessie, and Andrea, I love y’all more than I love Cheerwine, soup, cookout, and Gilmore Girls... which is a whole heck of a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment