Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Who I Am & Who God Is

written by Graham Monroe

This semester, during our Monday morning discipleship hour, each Fellow is taking turns leading. This past Monday, Graham invited the Fellows into an exercise that he has been using recently in his quiet times - writing out who God says you are, and who God is. Identity, purpose and guidance can then flow more freely out of that knowledge and encouragement. Here are some of his writings:

Who God Is:
God is a good and trustworthy Father. My guide and protector. A lamp to my feet. God is always near, and never changing. God is the ultimate source of satisfaction. God is kind and victorious, holy, greater and mysterious.

  • gracious, loving
  • judge
  • sustainer
  • fountain of blessing
  • omnipresent
  • healer
  • everlasting
  • gracious
  • merciful
  • beautiful
  • Abba/daddy
  • king of kings
  • shelter
  • jealous
  • infinite
  • persister
  • consistent
Who God says I am:
I am a child. A son of a royal priest. A son to the King. I am expensive, bought with the highest price of heaven. I am a saint. I am one with Christ Jesus and made new. I have favor with the royal family of heaven for I am a citizen of heaven. I am adopted, redeemed, forgiven, justified and being sanctified. I am loved. I am cared for. I am a friend to Jesus. I am pure, holy and blameless. I am a temple to where Christ's spirit that overcame the grave dwells. I am a branch.
  • co-laborer
  • ambassador
  • reflector of glory
  • his bride
  • disciple
  • sheep
  • fearfully and wonderfully made
  • adopted
  • beloved
  • servant
  • leader
  • teacher
  • chosen people

No comments:

Post a Comment