Tuesday, February 14, 2017

The Ministry of Reconciliation

The Ministry of Reconciliation

by Joel Cortez

It’s been about 5 months since I’ve joined the Greensboro Fellows and I can confidently say that it has been on of the best decisions of my life. To genuinely transform is an invaluable blessing. God has used people in my life to guide me through my darkest times; whether it is family, true friends, or strangers, and I would even dare to include my enemies. My family, specifically my mother’s side, contributed unconditional love and continuous prayer. My true friends added to the definition of loyalty and provided sincere motivation. Strangers, whether believers or not, simply blew my mind with acts of kindness and small yet wise tales.

            However, none have had a greater impact and purpose than my “guardian” Terry Greenlund (I can honestly call him my dad). God has chosen this great man to help me completely turn my life around. Out of every chance I gave death to take me, God spared me. Being far from deserving any second chance, I was given several. I strongly believe our face-to-face meeting was one reason why I was spared. I have made incredible progress since that meeting and I give all glory and honor to God, simply because that meeting could’ve gone many different ways. It could’ve been anyone. Yet in one of the most crucial moments of my life Terry and God spared me.

            Since then, I managed to graduate from Greensboro College and have had many meaningful journeys with Terry. He pushed me to make many beneficial decisions, one of which was to join The Fellows. I am here because of his guidance and constant pursuing. In addition, I am also here because of Tripp’s faith in me, as he also pursued and challenged me in unique ways. I felt an instant connection with him the very first interview I had with him. Both Terry and Tripp saw through my anger and pain. They saw past my worst.


God also sees past my worst and constantly reminds me of my value. He was always there with me. In the good and bad, but especially when I doubted and questioned Him. The sin kept me oblivious because I refused to let it go (“My sin was great, your love was greater!”). I have finally let go of the strongest grips against me. I am proud of all the obstacles and barriers I have managed to overpower, but I owe every ounce of credit to God (“What can separate us now!”). God has used people to help me transform from a dead carcass to a truly living human being! I wonder how he will use me in other people’s lives?! (2 Cor. 5:17- Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Joel. My name is Salena and I am the founder of The Prayer Line LLC, non-profit organization from Pennsylvania. I am originally from New Jersey, born and raised. My 13 year old son, Micah, and I am new to North Carolina. I enjoyed reading your testimony and would like very much to interview you via phone conference/web on my online radio station. I feel passionate about Christs people from all over the world coming together and networking to make the world a better place. I also look forward to your upcoming show in March. Thank you in advance.

    Cordially,



    Salena Pinckney
    ThePrayerLine.SPinckney@gmail.com
    www.BligTalkRadio.com/ThePrayerLine
    (551) 225-6640

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the typo in my website. Here is the wwebsite: www.BlogTalkRadio.com/ThePrayerLine

      Delete