Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Dearest Greensboro Supporters...

I cannot even begin to explain the joy that comes from the eight other fellows who were merely strangers to me just four weeks ago. My heart is so thankful for the community that they surround me with. Within this short period of time, these strangers (like Kinsley said in the last post) have become my family. It surprises me that already we have gotten to a place where when we have not been together in less than 24 hours we miss each other. It seems silly, but there is something very special about these individuals who have such a deep love for the Lord that He has so graciously tied us to each other. It scares me to think about nine months from now and having to part from one another. But I do not want to go there so let’s reflect together on what has been going on.

We are now getting into a formal routine. Where are weeks look somewhat like this:

Monday’s-
Discipleship in the mornings
Internships from 9-5
Young Life for some of us

Tuesday’s-
Discipleship in the mornings
Internships from 9-5
Community dinners with amazing host families

Wednesday’s-
Discipleship in the mornings
Internships from 9-5

Thursday’s-
Seminary class from 8-11
Business seminar for an hour an half (which might be my favorite, at least so far)
Center for Creative leadership from 3-5

We thankfully get to rejuvenate on Fridays and Saturdays with church on Sunday.

This schedule can honestly be overwhelming at times, but individuals who are in this program with me constantly encourage me. We support each other and build each other up because we desire the best for one another. Support does not just come from each of us in the program, but also those in the community. We are incredibly blessed to have such a great number of people who believe in what we are doing and want us to feel loved. I have not had a single moment in this program where I have not had at least one individual try to love me in some way--there are always people wanting to pour into our lives. I fail to express this feeling into words because this community is beyond describing. The people of Greensboro are a special bunch and I am sure I can speak for the group as a whole about how extraordinarily blessed we feel to be apart of something that God designed so specifically.

I truly cannot wait to see all the amazing things the Lord is going to provide for us this year. We look forward to what else is in store for the fellows throughout the program. God is doing BIG things and He is going to teach us an incredible amount.

One thing I have already learned over these past few weeks how really in control God is. And how he is always bleeping my mind with the way that he takes care of us as individuals. Getting to know these other fellows shows me how much he cares about me. They have taught me so much about who he is and I cannot wait to learn more about God as the year goes on. It's going to be a wild ride so get excited folks!

Thank you to those who are for this program, it is changing our lives and we hope that we can express what your support is doing in our lives. Hope that you have an amazing week!

I will leave with some loving-

Zephaniah 3:17

For the Lord your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.”

PEACE and BLESSINGS Y’ALL
 
 
Thanks to Skylar (far right) for this encouraging blog post!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment